Please note that First- time USAH Coaches will need to Create a Coaching account. Once you complete each requirement, they will appear on your profile which you will be the only one with access to.
BACKGROUND SCREENING CHECK Contact Lorraine Winslow for the link) (Required every two years)
SAFESPORT TRAINING Every year! Do not take until after June 30 to count for the 2022/2023 season. A coach will start with the SafeSport Core Training, which is good for one year. The coach will then take the SafeSport Refresher Training 1, which is good for one year. Then the coach will have to take the SafeSport Refresher Training 2, which is good for one year. At the end of that year, the coach will have to retake the SafeSport Core Training again and repeat the process. Click here for more information.
AGE-SPECIFIC MODULES must be COMPLETE for each age group you are coaching under the new system before a coach can be put on a roster. If you are coaching the same age group, you do not have to do the modules over again.
- If a coach has a 10U module and moves up to 12U, they will need to take the new 10/12U module.
- If a coach has a 14U module, they do not need to do the new 13+ module if the coach is coaching a 14U team.
- If a coach has a 16/18/19 module and the coach is coaching a 14U team that coach will have to take the 13+ module.
- A coach does not need to take the 13+ module if the coach has a 16/18/19 module and coaching a 16/18/19 team.
COACHING CLINICS Can only attend one clinic per season, and all New coaches start at Level 1. (Must be completed by Dec. 31, 2021, and Oct 31, 2022, for all Midget Coaches). The Cost is $55
- On-Line Virtual Clinic: Some of these clinics will be virtual using the ZOOM video conferencing software. These virtual clinics will have “breakout” rooms for small-group discussions as part of the learning experience. These virtual clinics will take place in two … sessions on two separate days. Coaches must attend both sessions to get credit for the clinic. Please keep in mind that you will need a good, solid internet connection to participate in these virtual clinics. Several Districts have already scheduled a few virtual clinics posted on the USA Hockey website.
In-Person Clinic: There is still a chance that clinics will be offered in-person but the timing and how these clinics can take place safely is still uncertain. These clinics will depend on the “openness” of each of the states in the New England District, safety protocol, and how comfortable coaches and instructors feel in an in-person clinic. Click here to locate a clinic.
For questions please contact Lorraine Winslow Wizards CHC Rep@ email@example.com