USA Hockey and the Coaching Education Program require both certification and registration to be eligible to coach. Registration is done online on a yearly basis. Certification is also required. A few basic steps requirements are as follows: contact Lorraine
USA Hockey Requirements (Must be completed before participating in any team activities)
- Register as a Coach of USA Hockey. (Cost is $46 ). Click here for more information.
- NEW Complete the National Level Background screening. (Contact Lorraine Winslow for link) (Required two years) cannot be added to a roster until completed.
- Complete the USA Hockey Safe Sport Training. (Required every year) cannot be added to a roster until completed. Click here for more information.
- Complete the online age-specific module(s) for the age level of play you are coaching. On-Line Modules (down from 5 to 3: 8U, 10U/12U, 13+) (Cost is $10 per module) and must be completed PRIOR to participating in any team activities and cannot be added to a roster until completed. Click here to register for the modules.
(Must be completed by Dec. 31,2020 and Oct 31, 2020 for all Midget Coaches)
- Coaching Clinics (new 3 Options) required clinic. Cost is $45 Can only attend one clinic per season and all New coaches start at Level 1. (Must be completed by Dec. 31,2020 and Oct 31, 2020 for all Midget Coaches)
- New Temporary Card: Realizing that many coaches may not want to attend an in person clinic or do not have the at-home capability to participate on an on-line clinic … USA Hockey is offering a special “temporary card” option. A temporary card will extend your current certification for one year. It is a one-time deal and will last for the 2020-21 season. This temporary card is for Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4. Originally this special temporary card was available until June 30th, but this option is expected to be extended.
- New On-Line Virtual Clinic: These clinics will be virtual using the free ZOOM video conferencing software. These virtual clinics will have “breakout” rooms for small-group discussions as part of the learning experience. These virtual clinics will take place in two … three hour sessions on two separate days. Coaches must attend both sessions to get credit for the clinic. Please keep in mind that you will need a good, solid internet connection to participate in these virtual clinics. Several Districts have already scheduled a few virtual clinics posted on the USA Hockey website.
- In-Person Clinic: There is still a chance that clinics will be offered in-person but the timing and how these clinics can take place safely is still uncertain. These clinics will depend on the “openness” of each of the states in the New England District, safety protocol, and how comfortable coaches and instructors feel in an in-person clinic. Click here to locate a clinic.
For questions Please contact Lorraine Winslow Wizards CHC Rep @ email@example.com